Ref NoQ/MP
TitleQuarter Sessions (Miscellaneous): Derby Division Petty Sessions
Date1828-1951
Organsation TypeOfficial Bodies - Justice, Law and Order
Organsation Sub-TypePetty Sessions/Magistrates
DescriptionQ/MP/1/1-41 Magistrates' minutes, 1828-1891
Q/MP/2/1 Magistrates' minutes for Derby Division Petty Sessions, Long Eaton and Sawley 1889-1894

Also includes
Q/MP/3/1-2 Commissions of the Peace etc. for the Borough of Glossop, 1867-1878, 1950-1951
Extent9 boxes
Administrative HistoryParishes and townships included in the division were Allestree, Alvaston, Ash, Aston on Trent, Barrow on Trent, Bearwardcote, Boulton, Brailsford (transferred to Ashbourne in 1937), Breadsall, Breaston (to 1954), Burnaston, Chaddesden, Chellaston, Dalbury , Darley Abbey, Draycott, Egginton, Elvaston, Etwall, Findern, Hopwell, Kedleston, Kirk Langley, Little Eaton, Littleover, *Long Eaton (to 1954), Mackworth, Markeaton, Mickleover, Mugginton, Normanton, Ockbrook, Osmaston, Quarndon, Radbourne, Ravensdale Park, Risley (to 1954), *Sawley (to 1954), Sinfin and Arleston, Sinfin Moor, Spondon, Swarkeston, Trusley, Twyford and Stenson, Weston on Trent, Weston Underwood, Willington, Wilne and Shardlow

Sawley and Long Eaton were part of the Derby Division but had separate registers from 1889. A separate division was created in 1954 (see D2294). In 1968, the areas added to the borough of Derby were also added to the Borough Petty Sessions. In April 1974, the rest of the division was amalgamated with Appletree to form the Derby County and Appletree division. This survived until the formation of the present courts in 1978.
ArrangementThese records have probably been accidently absorbed into the Quarter Sessions records by reason of both courts meeting in the County Hall at Derby.
Related MaterialSee D1990 for registers of summary jurisdication from 1880, licensing registers from 1887 and other records, including for the Long Eaton and Sawley division, 1889-1894.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2021