Ref NoD5623
TitleLong Eaton Urban District Council (1894-1974), formerly Urban Sanitary Authority (1875-1894)
Date1882-1974
Administrative HistoryFrom 1875, Long Eaton was governed by a Local Board under the terms of the Public Health Act 1872. In 1894 the Local Government Act replaced Local Boards with Urban District Councils. Long Eaton Urban District Council was in existence from 1894 until 1974, when the Council was abolished and the town became part of Erewash Borough Council. The Local Boards and Urban District Councils had responsibility for approving new buildings and alterations and improvements to existing buildings. Plans of proposed works were lodged with the Council and recorded in building plan registers. The registers are annotated with details of the applicant and whether the scheme was approved.
Custodial HistoryThese records were transferred to Derbyshire Record Office in December 2001. Additional records were received in Aug 2018 (see D5623/UL).
CreatorLong Eaton Urban District Council (1894-1974), formerly Urban Sanitary Authority (1872-1894)
DescriptionBuilding regulation registers 1882-1974 and building regulation plans 1888-1951
Related MaterialFor other records of Long Eaton Urban District Council, see D1375.
FindingAidsTo see a full list for this collection, click the link below
URLhttp://calmview.derbyshire.gov.uk/calmview/overview.aspx?src=calmview.catalog&q=refno:D5623*
Volunteer_OpportunityPlease contact us if you would like to discuss volunteer opportunities to improve this catalogue by listing the building plans.
Organisation TypeOfficial Bodies - Local and Central Government
Sub-GroupLocal boards of health
Urban district councils
Places
CodeSetPlaceName
NA679Long Eaton/Long Eaton/Morleston and Litchurch/Derbyshire/United KingdomLong Eaton
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2021