|Description||William Peter Wright was the only son of the Revd Charles Sisum Wright and his wife Charlotte (née Jervis). He attended Trinity College, Oxford, and graduated in 1888. He was curate to his father at Stokesley in Yorkshire until Charles' death in 1903, when he became curate of Bolton Percy in Yorkshire under the Lord Bishop of Beverley. He was vicar of Hemingbrough in Yorkshire from 1905 to 1915, and then vicar of his father's old parish of St Silas, Sheffield. On his retirement in 1923, he moved with his wife and daughter into Eyam Hall. He had inherited part of the Eyam estate on the death of his father in 1903, and the other half, including the Hall, on the death of his cousin Harriet Elizabeth Wright in 1915. William married Charlotte Winifred Eardley in 1891, and had two children, Charles Sisum Wright junior (born 1894) and Dorothy (born 1895).|
William was a manager of Eyam C of E School, Vice-Chair of the Eyam British Legion and of the Eyam National Savings Committee, a governor of Archbishop Pursglove School, Tideswell, and the founder of Cleveland and North Yorkshire Association of Bellringers.