|Description||These documents concern the garage which Taylor Garage Ltd. bought from Florence Mary Taylor and Walter Alexander Johnstone at Bakewell in March 1950. The latter being in financinal difficulty. |
The site was formerly used as a coachbuilders and wheelwrights shop. Taylors Garage also took over the property formerly known as Howards Garage; a residential property known as 'Everton', Haddon Road, Bakewell; 11,401 acres of agricultural land; a house, greeenhouses, garden and outbuildings used as lock-up garages abutting on Matlock Street, Bakewell; two cottages abutting on the Monyash Road at Bakewell; and a house and shop situated in Matlock Street, Bakewell
To carry on business as motor garage proprietors, motor coach asnd taxi proprietors, spare parts and accessories dealers, automobile and precision engineers, coachbuilders and painters under the several firm names of 'Taylor's Garage', 'Motrade Spares', 'Taylor Engineering Company', and 'Bakewell'
The first directors' meeting of the new Taylors Garage (Bakewell) Ltd. was held on 8 March 1950