Ref NoD504/153
TitleThe Wilkson Foundation, Taddington
DescriptionRoger Wilkinson was a curate of Wormhill. He died in 1714. In his will, he bequeathed his lands in Biggin: to the use of the Free School; for the employment of a schoolteracher, gratis; for all the family of Wilksons that would reside in the Chapelry of Taddington, and in the Parishes of Bakewell and Tideswell; and for ten more poor children in Priestcliffe, Taddington, Blackwell, and Brushfield
Roger Wilkson, had a wife, Mary, and a brother, George. He had two nieces: Mary Bagshaw (wife of Robert), and a Hannah Slack; and three nephews: Roger, William, and John Wilkson
Related MaterialFor an abstract of Wilkson trustees title 1892-1893 , and an abstract of the Hawley/Wilkson title 1892-1898 made 1937, both concerning two closes in Taddington, D504/24/6/1, and D504/24/6/7 respectively
For deeds & particulars of sale concerning land at Lane Head, Tideswell and Grindlow, acquired from the Slack and Bagshawe families in the 1920s, see D504/140/49/1-3
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2021