Ref NoD4585
TitleAshbourne Rural Sanitary Authority, later Ashbourne Rural District Council
Date1890-1974
Administrative HistoryRecords of Ashbourne Rural District Council from 1894 and of its predecessor Ashbourne Rural Sanitary Authority from 1890. The Public Health Act of 1872 designated Rural Sanitary Authorities, which under the Local Government Act 1894 became Rural District Councils. In 1974, they were abolished as part of the reorganisation of local government. The parishes and townships included in these Ashbourne authorities were Alkmonton, Atlow, Ballidon, Fenny Bentley, Hungry Bentley, Biggin, Bradbourne, Bradley, Brailsford, Brassington, Calllow, Carsington, Clifton, Eaton and Alsop, Ellaston and Wyaston, Hartington Town and Nether Quarters, Hognaston, Hollington, Hopton, Hulland Ward, Hulland Intakes, Ible, Kirk Ireton, Kniveton, Lea Hall, Longford, Mapleton, Mercaston, Middleton, Newton Grange, Offcote and Underwood, Osmaston, Parwich, Rodsley, Shirley, Snelston, Sturston, Thorpe, Tissington, Yeavesley and Yeldersley.
Custodial HistoryThese records were transferred to Derbyshire Record Office in 1996. Added to the catalogue as part of the FindersKeepers project by volunteer MmF.
CreatorAshbourne Rural Sanitary Authority, later Ashbourne Rural District Council
DescriptionCouncil and committee minutes 1890-1974; building regulation registers 1939-1974; building regulation plans c1921-1974 (unlisted);
FindingAidsTo see a full list for this collection, click the link below
URLhttp://calmview.derbyshire.gov.uk/calmview/overview.aspx?src=calmview.catalog&q=refno:D4585*
Volunteer_OpportunityPlease contact us if you would like to discuss volunteer opportunities to improve this catalogue by listing the building plans.
Organisation TypeOfficial Bodies - Local and Central Government
Sub-GroupRural district councils
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2021