Ref NoD4487
Former ReferenceD1504
TitleBrampton and Walton Urban District Council, formerly District Local Board of Health
Date1875-1935
CreatorBrampton and Walton Urban District Council, formerly District Local Board of Health
Organsation TypeOfficial Bodies - Local and Central Government
Organsation Sub-TypeUrban district councils
Local boards of health
DescriptionIncluding minutes 1875-1935; building regulation plans 1907-1920 (unlisted); financial records 1890-1916
Finding AidsFor a full list describing this collection, click the link below.
URLhttp://calmview.derbyshire.gov.uk/calmview/overview.aspx?src=calmview.catalog&q=refno:D4487*
Administrative HistoryThe first meeting of Brampton and Walton District Local Board of Health was in April 1875. By Local Government Board Order No. P882, which came into operation on 9 Nov 1892, parts of the townships of Brampton and Walton were added to the municipal borough of Chesterfield, the added parts being transferred to Chesterfield civil parish on 6 Mar 1891, by Local Government Board Order no. 30,633; such portions not included within the limits of that borough were controlled by an Urban District Council, established under the Local Government Act, 1894 until such Council was abolished under the provisions of the County of Derby Review Order, 1935. On 9 Nov 1910, part of Brampton was added to the municipal borough and civil parish of Chesterfield, and in November 1920 a further part of Brampton and a part of Walton were added. By the County of Derby Review Order, 1935, part of the parish of Brampton was transferred to the parish of Walton.
Custodial HistoryThese records were transferred to Derbyshire Record Office in a number of consignments. Some were originally accessioned as D1504.
AcknowledgementsAdded to the catalogue as part of the FindersKeepers project by volunteer MmF.
Volunteer_OpportunityPlease contact us if you would like to discuss volunteer opportunities to improve this catalogue by listing the building plans.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2021