Ref NoD4444
TitleAlfreton County Court
Date1950-1985
CreatorAlfreton County Court
Organsation TypeOfficial Bodies - Justice, Law and Order
Organsation Sub-TypePetty Sessions/Magistrates
Extent1 Folder
Finding AidsTo see a full list for this collection, click the link below
URLhttp://calmview.derbyshire.gov.uk/calmview/overview.aspx?src=calmview.catalog&q=refno:D4444*
Administrative HistoryModern County Courts were established in 1846 to deal with small debts and other civil cases quickly and cheaply. A full-time judge was appointed to each county court district who sat in different towns at least once a month.

The Alfreton County Court met at the Assembly Rooms in the nineteenth century, and at the Town Hall and later the Court House in Hall Street. Places under its jurisdiction included Ashover, Codnor, Crich, Ripley, South Wingfield, Morton, Tibshelf and Selston. It was closed down in 1996.
Custodial HistoryThese records were deposited in the Record Office in February 1996.
Access ConditionsSome of the records in this collection are not normally made available for public consultation, because they contain personal information which is protected by law
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2021