Ref NoD1661
TitleDiocese of Southwell
Date1822-1930
CreatorDiocese of Southwell
Organsation TypeOrganisations - Religious Faith
Organsation Sub-TypeChurch of England Diocesan Bodies
DescriptionRecords relating to parishes within the Diocese of Derby, formerly part of the Diocese of Southwell: Derbyshire Surveyors Reports under the Ecclesiastical Dilapidations Act 1892-1925; induction mandates for Derbyshire parishes 1884-1930; A Schedule of Ancient Inclosure, open fields and common allotments in the parish and manor of Whittington, giving the calculation of corn rent 1822.
Extent4 boxes
Finding AidsTo see a full list for this collection, click the link below
URLhttp://calmview.derbyshire.gov.uk/calmview/overview.aspx?src=calmview.catalog&q=refno:D1661*
Administrative HistoryThe Diocese of Southwell was created in 1884, by merging the Archdeaconry of Nottingham (formerly part of the Diocese of Lincoln) and the Archdeaconry of Derby (formerly part of the Diocese of Lichfield). The Diocese covered most of the counties of Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire. In 1927, the Diocese of Derby was created, leaving Nottinghamshire as the territory of the Diocese of Southwell.
Custodial HistoryTransferred from Nottinghamshire Archives to Derbyshire Record Office in 1976.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2021