Ref NoD1049
TitleWest Derbyshire Magistrates Court, formerly Ashbourne Petty Sessions division
Date1896-1978
CreatorWest Derbyshire Magistrates Court, formerly Ashbourne Petty Sessions division
Organsation TypeOfficial Bodies - Justice, Law and Order
Organsation Sub-TypePetty Sessions/Magistrates
Extent14 boxes
URLhttp://calmview.derbyshire.gov.uk/calmview/overview.aspx?src=calmview.catalog&q=refno:D1049*
Administrative HistoryParishes and townships included in this division were Ashbourne, Atlow, Ballidon, Bradley, Brailsford (transferred from Derby County in 1937), Clifton and Compton, Eaton and Alsop, Edlaston and Wyaston, Fenny Bentley, Hartington Nether Quarter, Hartington Town Quarter, Hognaston, Hulland, Hulland Ward Intakes, Kniveton, Lea Hall, Longford Mapleton, Mercaston, Newton Grange, Offcote and Underwood, Osleston and Thurvaston, Osmaston by Ashbourne, Parwich, Rodsley, Shirley, Snelston, Sturston, Thorpe, Tissington, Yeaveley, Yeldersley.

A re-organisation of Petty Sessions divisions accompanied local government re-organisation in 1974: the new divisions followed the new District Council boundaries, and all of Ashbourne division became a part of the West Derbyshire court.
Custodial HistoryThese records were deposited in the Record Office in April 1972, February 1990 and July 1991
Access ConditionsSome of the records in this collection are not normally made available for public consultation, because they contain personal information which is protected by law
Related MaterialFor records of the other courts, now in the jurisdiction of the Derby and South Derbyshire Magistrates Court, see D1990. In 1978, the Division was absorbed into the West Derbyshire Petty Sessional Division (see D3510).
For a full list of records in this collection, click the link below.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2021