| Administrative History | Willington National School was erected on the Castle Way in Willington in 1871, funded by donations. A new classroom was added in 1883. In 1930, Willington Church of England School was transferred to Derbyshire Education Committee (see D638/A/PEF/272-273). During the Second World War, the school hosted a number of evacuees from London and Birmingham. In 1971, a replacement school building was built on Twyford Road. |
| Custodial History | These records were transferred to Derbyshire Record Office in November 2009. Originally held on deposit, they were converted to a gift on arrival of a second accession in February 2026. |