| Browse this collection | This entry describes an individual archive record or file. Click here to browse the full catalogue for this collection |
| Archive Reference / Library Class No. | D4770/29 |
| Title | Deeds and related documents (/1-14) of properties at Bowden Head, Chapel en le Frith: messuage and named lands, purchased by William Yates deceased from John Frith the younger 17 Apr 1788 (not referred to in 1826 deeds) messuage in the Lane between Bowden Hall and Bowden Head (now divided into 2) with gardens and laddersted, purchased by Yates from George Shirt 6 Aug 1788, messuage called Bowden Head Tenement with named lands (5¾ acres) purchased by Yates from John Slack 6 Nov 1802, also named lands at Bowden Edge (6 acres) and the Common Piece or New Inclosure near Stoney Ford (1 acre) purchased by Yates 6 Nov 1802. |
| Date | 1826-1841 |
| Description | Including: D4770/29/6, 7 Lease and release by William Yates of Chapel en le Frith, only son, heir and devisee of William Yates the elder late of Ridge Hall yeoman to James Hibberson of Bowden Hall esq, 16 and 17 Sep 1829 (with plan included on D4770/29/7)
D4770/29/13 Lease and release by William Blagdon of Park Place, Attercliffe, Sheffield, Yorkshire gent (Hibberson's mortgagee) to John Slack of Bowden Hall esq of premises as above (excluding the Common Piece) 19, 20 Mar 1841 (with plan) |
| Level | File |
| Repository | Derbyshire Record Office |
| Archive Creator | Bowden Hall Estate, Chapel-en-le-Frith |
| Format | Document |