| Administrative History | St John Chapel was originally built for a congregation of the Free Church of England, with ownership vested in trustees. It was licensed by the Bishop of Lichfield when the congregation joined the Church of England in 1883. There are no marriage or burial registers as these functions have been reserved to the parish church of Ashbourne St Oswald (see D662). |
| Custodial History | The records were deposited in January 1980 and October 2000. |