| Description | The collection consists of school log books from 1863-1994, admission registers 1873-1972, various other pieces of school administration (leavers lists, regulations, circulars, etc), and material relating to the Smalley School Charity |
| Administrative History | A school was endowed in Smalley in 1712 by brothers John and Samuel Richardson, originally for 36 free scholars. The school and charity were reorganised under a Charity Commissioners scheme in 1879, resulting in a higher grade department and an elementary department with 36 scholarships. The school later became a primary school. Following an academy conversion agreement dated 30 May 2019 (see DCC/LG/CX/3659) Richardson Endowed Primary School ceased to exist, being replaced by an academy. |
| Custodial History | These records were deposited in Derbyshire Record Office in multiple accessions, in 1979 and 1993/4. Ownership passed to Derbyshire County Council when the school ceased to exist. |