| Administrative History | In 1952, Derbyshire County Council bought Etwall Hall from motor racing driver Reg Parnell. The building was demolished in 1955 to make way for the Etwall County Secondary School (a Secondary Modern) and the John Port Grammar School. In 1965, the two schools were amalgamated as John Port School. Following an academy conversion agreement dated 23 February 2018 (see DCC/LG/CX/3481) John Port School ceased to exist, being replaced by an academy. |
| Custodial History | This collection comprises a single accession, deposited in Derbyshire Record Office on 01 January 1976. Ownership passed to Derbyshire County Council when the school ceased to exist. |