|Repository||Derbyshire Record Office|
|Title||"The Holy Bible" used by John Franklin on his second expedition (1825-1827)|
|Description||Printed by Samuel Collingwood and Co. at the Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1823.|
On the front endpapers: inscription of it being given to John Franklin by his sister, Hannah Booth, 11 Feb 1824; inscription of John Franklin at Fort Franklin, Great Bear Lake leaving it for his daughter Eleanor, 19 June 1826; memorandum of it being left at Fort Franklin, Great Bear Lake, by Captain Franklin, with request for it to be forwarded by Mr Dease in the event of none of the officers returning, 20 June 1826.
Pocket size, small print, 810 pages for Old Testament, 250 for New Testament.
|Archive Creator||Gell family of Hopton Hall, Wirksworth|
|Browse this collection||This entry describes an individual archive record or file. Click here to browse the full catalogue for this collection|
Show related Persons records.
|Place (click for further details)||Type|