Ref NoD6684
TitleParish of Duffield St Alkmund: Belper St Peter (Chapel of Ease)
Date1824
CreatorChapel of Ease of Belper St Peter in the Parish of Duffield
Organsation TypeOrganisations - Religious Faith
Organsation Sub-TypeChurch of England Parishes
URLhttp://calmview.derbyshire.gov.uk/calmview/overview.aspx?src=calmview.catalog&q=refno:D6684*
Administrative HistoryBelper was a chapelry of Duffield until 1846. The original chapel of St John the Baptist was used until St Peter's was built (1822) and consecrated (1824) with the help of public grants and subscriptions. In 1847, St Peter's Church was licensed for marriages although many marriages of Belper residents appear to have continued at Duffield until the end of the nineteenth century.
Custodial HistoryThis record was donated to the Record Office by a private individual in September 2006.
Related MaterialSee also D2609 for the records of Belper Parish Church, St Peter's.
Places
Click below to see other records for this place
Duffield/Duffield/Appletree/Derbyshire/United Kingdom
Belper/Belper/Appletree/Derbyshire/United Kingdom
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2022