Ref NoD5324
TitleChesterfield Grammar School
Date1871-1954
Administrative HistoryChesterfield Grammar School for boys was founded by Royal Charter granted to Godfrey Foljambe in 1594. The school was rebuilt in 1846. In 1967 the school moved to new premises at Brookside. The school, which had remained single-sex, was closed in 1991. It amalgamated with two other schools and reopened as Brookfield Community School.
Custodial HistoryThese records were deposited in the Local Studies Library in Chesterfield at an unknown date and were transferred to Derbyshire Record Office in October 2000. Further accessions were deposited in November 2015 by the Old Cestrefeldians Trust (see D5324/BOX/1-12), and in December 2015 by Chesterfield Borough Council (see D5324/BOX/13).
CreatorChesterfield Grammar School
Related MaterialFor other records of the school, see D2632 and D3661
FindingAidsTo see a full list for this collection, click the link below
URLhttp://calmview.derbyshire.gov.uk/calmview/overview.aspx?src=calmview.catalog&q=refno:D5324*
Organisation TypeOfficial bodies - Education
Sub-GroupSchools
Places
CodeSetPlaceName
NA525Chesterfield/Chesterfield/Scarsdale/Derbyshire/United KingdomChesterfield
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2020