Ref NoD3955
TitleColdwell Farm, North Wingfield: title deeds
Date1659-1895
Administrative HistoryColdwell farm at Clay Cross was created by the amalgamation of two smaller farmsteads belonging to the manor of Stretton. By the seventeenth century the lordship of the manor had become split into 3 equal parts. The Hopkinson family were already working a messuage at Holmgate when they gained ownership of a 1/3 part of this property in 1659. Over the next two centuries they acquired full ownership of this and a neighbouring property to form a freehold estate known as Coldwell farm. In 1866 they were obliged to mortgage the farm to William Burkitt, whose son sold the property to Robert Lloyd in 1895.
Custodial HistoryThese title deeds belonged to Robert Lloyd, and subsequently passed into the hands of a private individual who donated them to the Record Office in 1994
Related MaterialTo see a full list for this collection, click the link below
URLhttp://calmview.derbyshire.gov.uk/calmview/overview.aspx?src=calmview.catalog&q=refno:D3955*
Organisation TypeBusinesses
GroupFarms/dairies
Sub-GroupFarming, horticulture and agriculture
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019