Ref NoD2378
TitleChesterfield Grammar School
Date1623-1974
Administrative HistoryChesterfield Grammar School in Sheffield Road, Chesterfield, was founded in 1594 and re-built in 1846 to accommodate 200 boys. It was re-organised in accordance with a Charity Commissioners' scheme in the later Victorian period. Alterations and extensions to the buildings took place in the 1920s and 1930s. The school benefited from a number of charitable bequests and endowments.
Custodial HistoryThese documents were transferred to the Record Office in 1980.
CreatorChesterfield Grammar School
FindingAidsTo see a full list for this collection, click the link below
URLhttp://calmview.derbyshire.gov.uk/calmview/overview.aspx?src=calmview.catalog&q=refno:D2378*
Organisation TypeOfficial bodies - Education
Sub-GroupSchools
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2020