Ref NoD1658
TitlePastures Hospital, formerly Derby County Lunatic Asylum
Date1851-1993
Extent20 shelves
Administrative HistoryThe hospital opened in 1851 as the county lunatic asylum, taking pauper and private patients. It was renamed Pastures Hospital in the mid-twentieth century. It closed in 1993 as part of the reorganisation of mental health care.
Custodial HistoryThese records were deposited at Derbyshire Record Office in several consignments from 1976.
CreatorPastures Hospital, formerly Derby County Lunatic Asylum
DescriptionPatient registers 1851-1976 (gaps), Patient case books 1851-1934, various medical registers, report books, treatment books 19th-20th century, Chapel registers 1961-1993
Access ConditionsThe records containing personal information less than 100 years old are not generally available for public consultation.
CopiesA digital copy of this item can be viewed on the public computers at the record office.
Related MaterialFor plans and some photogrpahs of the county asylum 1884-1925, see D2200/C/1/1. For records of the Derby Borough Asylum (later Kingsway Hospital), see D5874.
FindingAidsTo see a full list for this collection, click the link below
URLhttp://calmview.derbyshire.gov.uk/calmview/overview.aspx?src=calmview.catalog&q=refno:D1658*
Organisation TypeOfficial Bodies - Health and welfare
Sub-GroupHospitals
TermMental health services
Persons
CodePersonNameDatesRelationshipsImage
DS/UK/3643Mickleover, Derby; Pastures Hospital; 1851-1993; mental health hospital, former Victorian lunatic asylum1851-1993
DS/UK/3644Derby; Kingsway Hospital; 1888-; mental health hospital, former Victorian lunatic asylum1888-
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2021