|Title||Volume entitled 'Deed of arrangement between William Strutt, George Benson Strutt and Joseph Strutt respecting their real estates, 2 Oct 1829' containing a chronological abstract of Strutt deeds, with maps showing the estate in Hazlewood, Ashleyhay (parish of Wirksworth), Crich, Heage, Belper, Duffield (including Milford), Derby parishes of All Saints and St Peter|
|Description||Contents (numbers refer to pages)|
1) Indenture between William Strutt, George Benson Strutt and Joseph Strutt on the one part and Richard Arkwright and Samuel Fox on the other part, 1 Oct 1829. Endorsements include memorandum of 12 May 1862 regarding indenture between Lord Belper of Nottingham and Anthony Radford Strutt
2-17) Indenture of 2 Oct 1829 (parties as above). On reverse of pages 2-5 is an indenture of 18 Feb 1847 between Samuel Fox, Edward, Jedediah (son of George Benson), Anthony Radford and John Strutt. With memorandum at the top reference to deed of 22 Nov 1856
18-34) Schedule 1. Chronological account of the several purchases of estates, lands, tithes and hereditaments, belonging to William, George Benson and Joseph Strutt Esq. in the County of Derby and in the Parish of St Albans (Wood Street, London); giving dates of conveyances and surrenders (from Mar 1765), from whom the property was acquired, tenure, index numbers, tithe map plot references, title map letter references, quantities (i.e. acreage), description of parcels and other observations, including further annotations
35) Index to Schedule 1 arranged by the the Title Map letter reference, and corresponding index number for identifying details in the main schedule
36) Alphabetical list of persons from whom the persons were made, with date of conveyance
37-42) Title Plans A-F, corresponding to Schedule 1 (listed separately D1564/28/PlanA-F). The plans variously contain plot numbers, field names, extents, names of owners of adjacent property and notes regarding the sale and/or purchase of the property. A detailed explanation of the shading and referencing used is given on each plan.
43-56) Schedule 2. Particulars of estates in Hazlewood, Ashleyhay (parish of Wirksworth), Crich, Heage, Belper, Duffield, Derby parishes of All Saints and St Peter, and the parish of St Albans (Wood Street, London). Giving occupier, plan reference, parcel/plot name, quantities [extent] and observations concerning the tenure, title, tithes, land tax and other matters.
57) Summary of Schedule 2 giving the extent per estate
Loose pages) Index appearing to refer to the deed of 2 Oct 1829
58-63) Title Plans G-M, corresponding to Schedule 2 (listed separately D1564/28/PlanG-M). The plans variously contain plot numbers, field names, extents, names of owners of adjacent property and notes regarding the sale and/or purchase of the property.
64-67) Schedule 3. Concerning unenfranchised land that remains the copyhold of the Manor or Fee of Duffield, arranged chronologically in order of the admittances (dated Nov 1789-Mar 1828). Giving the date of admittance, from whom purchased, reference number on Title Plan A, description of parcels according to admittance, whether fine certain or uncertain and the amount, extent, present description of parcels, corresponding references on Plan N and L.
68) Plan N (listed separately)
69) Schedule 4. Referring to Plan L concerning estates in Belper not belonging to Messrs Strutt of which the impropriate tithes of corn, grain, hay and agistment, etc. were purchased by them from Rev. Thomas Gisbrone and his son 30 Mar 1811. Giving name of the proprietor of the estate, corresponding letter reference on Plan L, description and extent of the parcel