Administrative History | Under the terms and provisions of the Lighting and Watching Act 1833, parishes had the power to provide lighting in public places. In 1876 a meeting of the ratepayers of Normanton voted to provide lighting for the parish.
Under the terms and provisions of the Local Government Act 1894, Normanton Parish Council was established. By the Derby Corporation Act 1901 a large part of the parish was taken within the boundaries of the Borough of Derby. In April 1928 the civil parish of Normanton was abolished, with most of the area being absorbed into Derby, with the remaining parts transferred to Littleover and Sinfin Moor.
Under the Burial Act 1857 a cemetery was established by the Normanton Burial Board and opened in 1899. The Normanton Parish Council acted as the Normanton Burial Board. |