| Administrative History | To deal with the Derbyshire Coalfield strikes of 1892 and 1893, a temporary mounted section of 10 men was formed, and trained by the local yeomanry. After the Superintendent was allocated a motor car following the First World War, the first motor cycle and side-car patrols came in as a result of the Road Traffic Act of 1930, while the first policewomen drivers were employed during the Second World War. The motor cycle and side-car patrols were replaced by the Austin sports car in 1932, although the sports car was phased out in 1947 as they were unsuited to carrying prisoners. The switch to the Wolsey, and later the Zephyr was made. Two-way radios were installed in patrol cars in 1951. |