﻿<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<rdf:Description rdf:about="http://calmview.derbyshire.gov.uk/CalmView/record/catalog/D6367/1/499" xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
  <dc:title>Grin Quarry Branch Junction</dc:title>
  <dc:description>From the former crossing on the A53 Leek road, looking SE towards Stanley Moor.  In the foreground is the site of the former junction with the Grin Branch to the left, which opened in 1857.  The branch survived for about 100 years and closed in the early 1950s.  The quarry and  branch were originally  owned by the Buxton Lime Co., but eventually it became part of the Clay Cross Company.  The quarry was subsequently reclaimed by Derbyshire County Council and is now a caravan and picnic site.</dc:description>
  <dc:date>1975</dc:date>
</rdf:Description>